Representatives of the company DisplayMate, which specializes in laboratory tests of installed in mobile device screens, has rendered its verdict against the phablet Samsung Galaxy Note8. It is reported by GSMArena.
For DisplayMate to give the palm to the Samsung flagship has already become a good tradition. The title of “best smartphone screen” already belongs to the Galaxy S8. Now he was joined by the announced a few days ago Galaxy Note8.
The display is evaluated on several parameters, comparing with its competitors. As a result, 24-bit AMOLED-matrix with a resolution of 2960х1440 pixels and aspect ratio of 18.5:9 demonstrated the following features:
- Improved by 22% the brightness level of 1200 nits (compared to the Galaxy S8);
- Wide coverage of the color space DCI-P3;
- Always On Display, received the hardware and not software support);
- Great algorithm auto-tuning of brightness;
- Accurate color reproduction and the ability to manually adjust white balance;
- Improved viewing angles;
- The power consumption is reduced (8% lower Galaxy S8).
In addition, the display Galaxy Note8 covered with a protective glass latest generation Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It now remains to wait for the response than Apple and whether the company needs to show something more than a Retina display.