What to buy: iPhone 8 or iPhone X
14.09.2017 0 Comments
Apple unveiled three new iPhone: 8, 8 Plus, and X. each phone has its pros and cons, which we now describe.
Why you might want to buy an iPhone 8:
- iPhone 8 is the first Apple smartphone that supports wireless charging Qi. Apple also introduced a wireless station of AirPower, which can simultaneously charge three devices. Wireless charging is also integrated into some new cars and IKEA furniture.
- It operates under the control of the processor A11 Bionic, the same installed in iPhone X. This is the most powerful mobile chip in the world, which is also optimized for machine learning and augmented reality. In the App Store soon will be the first game based on ARKit, and as she says the company, iPhone 8 and X was optimized for it.
- You will get the same 12-megapixel camera with aperture of f/1.8, as the iPhone Plus and 8 X. It supports optical stabilization and can record 4K video with a frame rate of 60FPS or 1080p 240FPS.
- Display iPhone 8 supports True Tone, which changes the color temperature depending on the ambient lighting.
- Unlike the iPhone 8 Plus X and iPhone 8 still can be easily operated with one hand. iPhone X is also well managed, but it is worth a few tens of thousand more.
Why you may not fit iPhone 8:
- It only has one rear camera, so it does not support portrait mode and a new function of Portrait Lighting, which changes the backlight of the person in the picture.
- Resolution 4.7-inch screen is still lower than the iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X — 1334×750. If this resolution is harder to see small details in photos and videos.
- He has the weakest battery of the three a new iPhone. Its exact capacity is unknown, but Apple promised that the battery life of the iPhone 8 will be approximately the same as the iPhone 7.
Why you might want to buy an iPhone 8 Plus:
- The iPhone 8 Plus is, almost all of the new features that are available in iPhone X 80, 000. This A11 Bionic processor, and wireless charging, and dual camera on the back panel, and the display is True Tone.
- It has a Home button and Touch ID. You may not like control using gestures in iPhone X. additionally, sometimes people want to unlock the phone without looking at it.
- It has the best battery life of all three of the new iPhone.
- It is not necessary to wait for the developers to optimize apps, unlike the iPhone X.
Why you may not fit the iPhone 8 Plus:
- Still it is a great smartphone that loses the competition for the ratio of the case/display.
- Although 5.5-inch Full HD screen has excellent color reproduction, he still will not be as bright and rich as the OLED display of the iPhone X.
- In fact it is not so cheap smartphone. iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB worth of 76 990 rubles, which is three thousand cheaper than the iPhone X for 64 GB.
Why you might want to buy an iPhone X:
- Visually this is the most impressive and futuristic design of the iPhone, thanks to edge-to-edge 5.8-inch OLED display.
- You will get a big screen in a small package. X iPhone a little more iPhone 8, but significantly less than the iPhone 8 Plus. The smartphone will be convenient to use with one hand.
- OLED display is more brightness and contrast than the screen of iPhone 8 and 8 Plus and also supports HDR video.
- You can unlock the smartphone just by looking at it, thanks to new technology Face ID.
- With the help of sensors used for Face ID, you can create animated emoticons Animoji and do portrait shots with blurred background and portrait lighting to the front camera.
- The iPhone telephoto lens X has better aperture than the iPhone 8 Plus (f/2.4 vs f/2.8).
- Both rear cameras of the iPhone X have optical stabilization, which should improve the picture quality in low light.
Why you may not fit iPhone X:
- This is the most expensive iPhone.
- He has no Home button and Touch ID. Every time you want to unlock the phone, you have to look at him.
- Perhaps you do not like gestures to return to the home screen and open the multitasking.
- The cutout which houses the front camera and other sensors. In some applications, this cut hides part of the content, for example, in the video.
What is common to all three models of the iPhone:
- Processor A11 Bionic;
- 12-megapixel main camera;
- 7-megapixel front camera;;
- Record 4K video or 1080 60FPS 240FPS;
- Wireless charging;
- Protection against water and dust IP67;
- Support fast charging.
Follow the news Apple in the app on iOS MacDigger.