VKontakte announced the launch of a competition to develop mobile applications for iOS, Android or Windows Phone with a total prize Fund of 2 million rubles. Submissions will be accepted from 24th December 2015 to 27 March 2016.
The participants of the contest (open to residents of any country), it is proposed to develop a separate mobile app for popular mobile platforms that uses the API of the social network and extends the capabilities of existing services “Vkontakte”.
The company proposes to come up with their idea of service or use one of the following:
- Conducting live broadcasts from mobile devices.
- The office administered a community “Vkontakte”.
- Photo management of “Vkontakte” and sync them with the gallery on mobile devices.
- The marketplace on the basis of the service of Goods “Vkontakte”.
- The video of “Vkontakte”: the directory recommendations, playlists, search.
- Interaction with communities and activities “Vkontakte”.
- Edit videos and their publication of “Vkontakte”.
- Document management of “Vkontakte” with the ability to easily preview files (for example, for reading books).
Complete and solid applications for solving the task, will be evaluated higher than unfinished prototypes, the organizers of the competition. Special attention will be given to the design quality of interfaces and the stability of the application.
The application source code needs to be written in one of the following languages:
- for iOS: Objective-C, Swift, C/C++;
- for Android: JVM languages (Java, Kotlin, Scala,..);
- Windows Phone: .NET languages (C#, VB, F#…).
The prize Fund is 2 million rubles. It will be divided among the developers of “the best quality and most functional applications”, write the organizers. The best projects will define the jury consisting primarily of the developers team of “Vkontakte”. The copyrights of the app will remain with developer.