All Apple news

The cause of the explosions Galaxy Note 7 – battery made by Samsung

Last week Samsung has launched a program for the review of the flagship smartphone Galaxy Note 7, in connection with the risk of spontaneous combustion of the battery. In the framework of the program called Product Exchange Program owners are encouraged to exchange your Galaxy Note 7 for a new one, which they will receive this week, or on or Galaxy S7 Galaxy S7 edge. In the latter case, users will also reimburse the difference in price.

Also Samsung issued a press release in which it stated that sales of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 suspended indefinitely and swap a new smartphone, anyone can. Head of mobile business Samsung To Dong Jin noted that by 1 September there were 35 cases of explosions Galaxy Note 7.

Korean newspaper the Korea Herald reported, citing sources inside Samsung, after the Galaxy Note 7 review the company has temporarily suspended the use of batteries of his own division of Samsung SDI as it is a source of problems. To date this Department was the main supplier of batteries for Galaxy Note 7, supplying 70% of the components, with the remaining 30% batteries Samsung provided Chinese manufacturer Amperex Technology Limited (ATL).

Division Samsung SDI started production of batteries in 2014, but at that time he still was not able to put the power supplies for the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S7. In the case of the Galaxy Note 7 they were given a chance to prove himself. Now, reportedly, Samsung will have to increase orders of the Chinese batteries.

On Monday it became known that the Federal Agency for technical regulation and Metrology (Rosstandart) checks the information about the danger of explosion battery Galaxy Note 7.

In order to verify this information by Rosstandart, in accordance with the provisions of the Federal law “On technical regulation”, sent the request to OOO “Samsung electronics Rus company” to provide the necessary explanations and materials on this issue”, — said in a press release of the Ministry.

Rosstandart notes that would make the necessary decisions on the results of the analysis of the obtained materials. Information about all further actions on this issue, the Department will publish separately.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *