On every Worldwide Developers Conference Apple executives, in addition to demonstrations of new systems, a lot of talk about what the company has achieved over the past year. Yesterday’s WWDC 2018 is no exception.
This time it was announced a number of figures related to the number of users of certain products, increases in productivity and customer satisfaction. Also the well-publicized data regarding iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS.
App Store and developers
- In the world more than 20 million registered Apple developers.
- Next year, the App Store turns ten years old.
- 500 million people are browsing the App Store on a weekly basis.
- For all time of existence of App Store developers have earned more than 100 billion US dollars.
- In the App Store downloaded more than 350,000 apps written, at least in part, on the Swift programming language by Apple.
- Half of all iPhone and iPad users updated to iOS 11 for seven weeks after the release of the system last year.
- Now 81% of compatible devices runs on iOS 11.
- In 2017, the Apple Watch sales increased by 60%.
- Along with Apple Watch users burned 2.3 million calories.
- Apple TV sales increased by 50% after the release of Apple TV 4K.
- For more than 100 television channels cooperate with Apple, some of them are even Russian. Have to wait for a special application.
Follow the news of the Apple in our Telegram-channel, as well as in the app on iOS MacDigger.