Wednesday, September 30, Apple has released the final version of the operating system OS X El Capitan. Presented at WWDC 2015 new platform for Macs is a major update. Download OS X El Capitan from the Mac App store via the link at the end of the article. Third time in the history of the platform Apple has provided the update for free.
The twelfth major update of desktop for Mac platform was officially presented in June at an event for developers in San Francisco. A new version of the OS did not bring upgrades to the appearance of the operating system and limited to the improvements on the level of functionality. Major changes in OS X El Capitan touched windowing, features, Spotlight search, Safari browser, mail client, Mail. By optimizing the performance of the new operating system, Apple has risen to 1.4 times.
Split View mode allows you to use the screen as efficiently as possible:
- Work simultaneously in two applications opened side by side on the screen.
Improvements in Mail delivery:
- Drive letters using the swipe gesture on the trackpad — just the same way you do on the iPhone. Swipe right to mark an email as read or unread or to the left to remove it.
- Improved full screen mode allows you to quickly switch between Inbox and drafts.
Application Notes: simple, powerful, updated:
- Format your notes: add the title, headings, paragraphs, bulleted and numbered lists, and task lists.
- Add multimedia, such as photos, videos, documents, PDFs, links, and map coordinates.
- Quickly find and view the contents of all notes using a browser attachment.
New ways to work with images in the Photos app:
- Add and edit location data, change the title, description and keywords to entire groups of photos.
- Use third-party extensions, which will open new opportunities for editing.
Safari — Internet of great opportunities:
- With Pinned Sites, your favorite sites will always be open, available and updated.
- When reading articles in Reader, choose fonts and themes, such as “Sepia” or “Night”.
- Turn off the sound on a separate web page in Safari using the smart search.
Schedule has become even faster thanks to Metal:
- The speed and rendering performance has increased at the system level.
- Games have become much more realistic and exciting.
- Creating content is easier than ever thanks to an accelerated work demanding applications.
Instant everyday tasks:
- Launch apps and switch between them easily and quickly.
- Open emails and PDF files even faster.
OS X El Capitan can be installed on the following Mac:
- iMac (mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (12-inch, 2015)
- MacBook (13-inch aluminum, late 2008), (13-inch early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, mid-2009 or later), (15-inch, mid/late 2007 or newer), (17-inch late 2007 or later)
- MacBook Air (late 2008 or newer)
- Mac Mini (early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (early 2008 or newer)
- Xserve (early 2009)
To upgrade to the new operating system free users OS X Yosemite and OS X Mavericks. The new operating system Apple is available for download in the Mac App Store, and in addition it will be distributed with computers American manufacturer.
Download OS X El Capitan for Mac [App Store]
- Preparation for the transition to OS X El Capitan: what you need to do before you install the new OS