Microsoft has released a new version of its office Suite for iPhone and iPad. Mobile Office includes all the basic functions of a desktop package and synchronized through the cloud service OneDrive. The main innovation in the 1.14 update was universal support for fonts in documents and a convenient renaming of files.
In the new edition of Microsoft office mobile users will not have problems with fonts, say the developers. If the user lacks the desired options, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint will automatically download them via the Internet. The font can be bold, slanted, or underlined, select text color, formatting, create lists.
Another innovation fresh update for working with files. If you want to rename the document, this can be done directly on the tab to Open or the Last. In addition, the text editor Microsoft now lets you quickly jump to the desired page: the user simply touches the scroll pane and hold, swipe to the page you want to open.
Office for iOS includes three applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Externally, the office is similar to Office 2015 for computers, but has a more compact and simple ribbon menu, adapted for touch screen. Mobile office are available all the same basic functions as in the desktop version of the package.
What’s new in Word 1.14 for iPhone and iPad:
- Always the available fonts. You don’t have enough fonts? Word will automatically load it if needed.
- Quick jump to the page. You have a very long document? You can go to the required page in the blink of an eye: tap the scroll pane and hold, swipe to the page you want to open.
- Renaming a file. Want change? Now you can change the name of the Word document on the tab to Open or the Last.
What’s new in Excel 1.14 for iPad:
- Creating and editing notes. Nothing will prevent you to speak, because now you can create and edit comments in Excel for iPad.
- Centralized storage of all annotations. Better to see once than to search throughout the document. You can now view all comments in the corresponding task pane on the iPad.
- Renaming a file. Want change? Now you can change the name of the Excel spreadsheet on the tab to Open or the Last.
What’s new in PowerPoint 1.14 for iPad:
- Always the available fonts. You don’t have enough fonts? PowerPoint will automatically load it if needed.
- Renaming a file. Want change? Now you can change the name of the PowerPoint presentations on the tab to Open or the Last.
Download Office for iPad from the App Store for free. Users can open and view files but to edit the files, you will need a subscription to Office 365.
Download Word for iPhone and iPad [App Store]
Download Excel for iPhone and iPad [App Store]
Download PowerPoint for iPhone and iPad [App Store]