MIUI 9: what’s new?
27.07.2017 Erika J. Wells 0 Comments
Along with the smartphone and smart column Xiaomi announced in Beijing a new version of private shell MIUI. Based — Android Nougat 7.0.
According to a statement on the official forum, the developers have focused on stability, smoothness and optimization of the system.
The main innovations
- Search by photo. As in the Google Photos one by one, request to find in the gallery all the pictures of the child or select only the ones where he’s smiling. Is recognized and the text on the images.
- Dynamic reallocation of resources. If MIUI does several things at once — the priority of the active application, the background processes (like a file upload background) slow down.
- The split-screen mode. For parallel operation with the two programs.
- Smart assistant. Similar to the hybrid Spotlight and Google Assistant: there is a card with the correct info, shortcuts to frequently used applications and a search bar. Runs swipe to the right from the main screen.
- Smart application launcher. On a long touch MIUI analyzes the site and provides additional information: allocated address — tighten the map unknown name — show bio.
What smartphones will receive MIUI 9?
The Chinese version of the firmware will spread in three phases:
- August 11 — Xiaomi Mi 6 (here is our comparison with the iPhone 7 Plus), Mi Redmi Note 5X and 4X.
- August 25 — Xiaomi Mi Mix Mi Note 2, Mi 5/5c/5s, 5s Plus Mi, Max Mi, Max Mi 2, Mi 4s/4c, Mi Redmi Note Pro and 4X.
- The end of September — the rest of the models, except for Mi 1/1S/2A.
The timing of the release of the global MIUI 9 the vendor does not mention.