Microsoft has released an update for the office Suite, Office 2016 Preview. Release of cumulative update preview-version for Mac took place on the eve of a major update, which told a famous blogger Paul Thurrott.
In the new version of Office 2016 for Mac improved work with Outlook network and fixed bugs. In Word improved handling of email addresses in Excel, and OneNote – fixes a technical error in PowerPoint fixed line and improved compatibility with older formats.
A preview version of Office 2016 for Mac was released in early March. Release had the full support of Retina displays, integration with cloud services company, and redesigned “ribbon” panel. According to Thurrott, soon will be released a major update package with lots of innovations. Among them:
- The presence in real time. This function will be a key element, which will provide an opportunity to work together — it will allow you to see what section of the document currently edit other users. At first opportunity will be available only to subscribers OneDrive for Business, but then Microsoft will expand its audience.
- Simplified sharing files. In Office will have a new option Share, which will grant access to the file to others, who will be able to view the document and to comment on and edit it.
- Insights for Office. This option will initially be available only in Word and Outlook. The user will be able to quickly obtain contextual information that will provide the search engine Bing.
- The improvement work on the history of changes (Version History). In the File menu will be part of History, in which to store old versions of the current document.
- In Outlook will feature Tell Me, which is now available only in Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Tell Me allows you to locate and execute commands using a special string in the toolbar.
The final version of Office 2016 for computers with OS X is expected at the end of the year. This will be the first in four years, a major update to Microsoft’s office Suite for Mac.
Preview of Office 2016 can be downloaded from the official Microsoft website. Installed the package that supports the Russian language, will receive regular automatic updates, and Office 365 subscribers will be able to upgrade to the final version.