On 20 September, as expected, Apple has released the final version of the new platform macOS Sierra. Presented in June at WWDC 2016, the new operating system is an essential update for Mac computers. Download Sierra macOS from the Mac App Store via the link at the end of the article. Fourth time in the history of the platform Apple has provided the update for free.
The thirteenth major update of the desktop platform for Mac computers was officially presented at the event for developers in San Francisco in early summer. The new version of the OS did not bring the updates for the appearance of the operating system and limited to the improvements on the level of functionality. The update brings the Mac voice assistant Siri, a universal clipboard, new features of iCloud Drive, Apple Pay and other functions, which Apple first introduced at WWDC this year.
Mac now interacts with iCloud and your Apple devices in a completely new way and much more efficient. To process the photos, listen to music and access messages became more interesting.
Whatever the task in front of you or standing, you can always talk to Siri — your intelligent assistant on your Mac.
- Use their favorite iOS features, and new — optimized for Mac.
- Send messages, set reminders, browse the web and perform many other tasks during operation.
- Copy and paste or simply drag the search results to Siri in your documents.
- Save search results for Siri in notification Center to return to them later.
- Find files, manage settings and access system information, just ask Siri.
Copy objects from one device to another through the Universal clipboard.
- Copy the quote, image or video in the app on one device and insert them into the application on another.
Run authorization automatically with the function “Avtorazborka”.
- When you are wearing your Apple Watch, you can instantly log in password is not necessary.
Access your files from your Mac desktop on your iPhone to iCloud folders “desktop” and “Documents”.
- Automatically save all the files on the desktop and in the Documents folder in iCloud and access them from any device.
Optimized storage allows you easily free up space on your Mac.
- Automatically save to iCloud rarely used files to access them when needed.
- Additional tools will help you to remove unnecessary files and to save even more space.
Bring order to your desktop by using the tabs in the application.
- Use tabs to manage multiple Windows in Cards, Pages, Keynote, Numbers, and other applications.
- Tabs now work in third-party applications without additional adaptation.
Watch your favorite video and don’t miss the big game mode “picture in Picture”.
- Place a video from Safari or iTunes on top of the desktop.
Discover the best photos from your library of Photos.
- In memory relive favorite moments with the function “Memories”.
- Group photos imprinted on them people. In the Photos app uses advanced face detection technology to automatically find photos in which the photographed particular person.
- The smart search function recognizes objects and space and will help you to find in your library all the beaches, all the concerts, or perhaps all the dogs.
Discover completely new possibilities Apple Music in iTunes.
- Discover new music — selections from experts and advanced machine learning technology will help you find a great track.
Relive the conversation in the Messages.
- View the web page video directly in the Message window.
- Use handy and quick answers Tapback.
- Express your emotions big emoticons.
Install macOS Sierra can be installed on the following Mac:
- iMac (late 2009 or newer)
- MacBook (12-inch, 2015 or later)
- MacBook Pro (late 2010 or newer)
- MacBook Air (late 2010 or newer)
- Mac Mini (early 2010 or newer)
- Mac Pro (early 2010 or newer)
To upgrade to a newer operating system free OS X Yosemite and OS X Mavericks. The new operating system Apple is available for download in the Mac App Store, and in addition it will be distributed with the computers of us manufacturer.
Download macOS Sierra is available for free at this link.
- What you need to do before you install macOS Sierra
- How to create a bootable USB stick with macOS Sierra
- As a function of Optimized Storage in macOS Sierra will affect the number of free gigabytes in your iCloud
- 10 reasons why Sierra macOS better than Windows 10