Earlier sources reported that before the end of January this year at Foxconn plant will start trial production of the new 4-inch iPhone, and the announcement of new products expected next spring. Today 9to5Mac editor mark Gurman, the last few years regularly publishes leaks Apple confirmed the release of the smartphone, noting that externally, the device will resemble “an Apple” flagship 2013.
According to Gourmet, 4-inch smartphone Apple will be called iPhone 5se. This is an improved version of the iPhone 5s, and the letters “s” and “e” stands for “special edition” (special version) or “5s enhanced” (improved iPhone 5s). A source in Apple emphasized the closeness of the model from the point of view of the design with the newer iPhone 6/6s, and the iPhone 5s.
“This will be the device with updated hardware and software, but in a classic design,” said Gurman.
iPhone 5se will be dressed in an aluminum body with anodized finish in four colors – silver, gray, Golden and rose gold. According to its specifications, the device will surpass the iPhone 5s: order the device will have the Apple A8 processor, NFC chip for contactless payments, the barometer and the latest Bluetooth 4.2.
What is known about 4-inch iPhone 5se:
- Rounded glass on the iPhone 6, instead of glass with beveled edges.
- 8 MP main and 1.2 MP front camera.
- Support for larger panoramas, and video with autofocus.
- Built-in barometer for this application “Health”.
- The NFC chip for Apple Pay.
- The Apple A8 processor with M8 coprocessor as the iPhone 6.
- Bluetooth 4.2, VoLTE and 802.11 ac Wi-Fi from the iPhone 6s.
- The Live Photos of the iPhone 6s.
- Four colors – silver, gold, grey and rose gold iPhone 6s.
Despite the support of Live Photos, a new compact iPhone will be stripped display technology 3D Touch. Function, as noted, will be implemented programmatically, without the participation of the pressure-sensitive screen. Apple hopes that the iPhone 5se will attract users of iPhone 4s and iPhone 5 who don’t want to move to the larger diagonal of the new iPhone.
The official presentation of the iPhone 5se will be held in March 2016, and the cost of the smartphone will be in the range of $500 to $560. The start of sales is expected in March or April.