This week Apple unveiled its new AIO iMac Pro, which turned out to be not only the most powerful but also the most expensive computer companies. The cost of the device, oriented for professional users is $5000. The calculations show, that’s a pretty good offer.
During the presentation Apple said that the iMac Pro is really a great option for the money, especially when you compare the new product with similar systems from HP.
To check whether justified the price of “the most powerful in the history of the Mac”, the PC Gamer team gathered your Windows system with similar characteristics. The result is a custom build turned out to be not much cheaper – $4686,71. Thus, under favorable circumstances own build allows you to save only $313.
List of components:
- CPU: Intel 8-core Xeon E5-2620 V4 2,1 GHz ($408,99);
- Cooling system: LIQUID — liquid cooling system Kraken X62 ($158,99);
- Motherboard: Asus — X99-E-10G WS SSI CEB LGA2011-3 ($649,00);
- RAM: Crucial — 32GB (1 x 32GB) Registered DDR4-2133 ($253,81);
- Storage: Samsung EVO 1TB SSD 960 M. 2-2280 ($479,99);
- Graphics card: Zotac — GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition ($678,99);
- Enclosure: Silverstone — medium body TJ04B-EW ATX ($151,90);
- Power supply: SeaSonic modular power supply PRIME Titanium 1000W 80+ Titanium ($242,89);
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional ($134,99);
- Monitor: LG — UltraFine 5K Display 60Hz ($1299,95)
- Other features: expansion Board ASUS Model ThunderboltEX 3 ($69,99);
- Keyboard: Apple standard wired keyboard MB110LL/B ($49,00);
- Mouse: Apple wireless laser mouse MB829LL/A ($79,99);
- Speakers: Logitech Z130 5W 2ch ($of 18.99);
- Card reader: Kingston Digital MobileLite G4 USB 3.0 ($9,24).
Custom build means that you will be without a keyboard and mouse in exclusive colors space gray, are available only with Pro and iMac are not sold separately. In addition, you will have to install the operating system Windows 7 or Windows 10.
Paying the negligible difference in price, you can obtain brand iMac Pro with all its components, warranty and maintenance.