For the first time the existence of the iPhone, Apple refused on the 16-Gigabyte version of the smartphone and offered a model with a memory of 32, 128 or 256 GB. However, now even 32 GB of internal memory without the possibility of extension can be insufficient. 64 and 128 GB is more relevant suggestions.
Before proceeding to the choice of memory size, we propose to learn the cost of one Gigabyte in each of the iPhone models.
32GB – 1780 RUB. per 1 GB (price 56 990 rubles).
128 GB – 515 RUB. per 1 GB at the price of 65 990 rubles).
256 GB – 290 RUB per 1 GB (74 cost 990 rubles).
the iPhone 7 Plus:
32GB – 2124 RUB for 1 GB (price 67 990 rubles).
128 GB is 600 RUB per 1 GB (cost 76 990 rubles).
256 GB – 335 RUB. per 1 GB at the price of 85 990 rubles).
Based on the calculations, the most profitable is options iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus with a 256-Gigabyte drive, but the cost is quite high, and who actually needs so much memory in the phone?
Before you determine the amount of drive necessary to take into account several points:
- Operating system. The specified amount of memory for any device is not quite correct, as the part is occupied by the operating system. For example, iOS 10 it takes about 1.5 GB.
- Photos and videos. iPhone 7 and 7 Plus have 12-megapixel cameras and the ability to capture video in 4K resolution. Photos and videos can take up a lot of space. For example, for time video requires about 12 GB. The size of a single photo can reach 3 MB, except panoramic shots, which can weigh up to 50 MB. Do not forget about the video in Slow Motion.
- Movies and music. The size of one of the film varies from 1 to 3 GB, depending on quality and length. If you want to watch movies in HD downloaded from iTunes, for example, then one movie will take about 6 GB. Audio, of course, take up much less space, but most likely you will immediately download hundreds of songs that will take at least 1-2 GB.
- Games and apps. App, and this is especially true of games now require a lot of space. Weight complex 3D games with good graphics already exceed 1 GB, and the office Suite iWork from Apple is approx 700 MB.
- Attachments. At first glance it may seem that it is a trifle, but actually the attachments require a lot of memory. It should also be considered for those who often receives photos and videos from my friends through WhatsApp or Viber.
How to free memory in iPhone? The first bad news is that the space used by the operating system to reduce not although iOS 10 weighs much less than previous versions. For example, the iPhone 128 GB with installed iOS 9 offered users only 113 GB of free space after installing iOS 10, this figure increased to 122 GB. For the 16-Gigabyte iPhone with iOS 9 access to 11.9 GB, and after installing iOS 10 – 12,85 GB. This is an increase of roughly 8%. The good news is that you can free up memory in other ways:
- Offline. Connect your iPhone to computer and transfer photos, videos, and movies to local storage. Also remove any unnecessary games and apps, and attachments from instant messengers, which are no longer relevant.
- Online. Cloud storage like iCloud great help with lack of memory. Apple provides the ability to play music, movies and even view documents without having to download them to your device. Of course, it is tedious to constantly access Network like Wi-Fi and 3G/LTE. Besides iCloud, there are other cloud services that allows you to sync media files. For example, Dropbox, Google Drive or Flickr. For music perfect Apple Music or Yandex.Music and photos can be stored in Google Photos.
Before buying special attention should be paid to it on the iCloud. Purchased music, apps, books, TV shows and photos (only up to 1000 pieces) will not be added to the cloud, if you use the standard free plan. The number of photos that can be stored on the server depends on selected plan. iCloud is also able to save iWork documents, their number depends only on available space.
With the new iOS and macOS you can upload any files to iCloud and view them from any device. Those who are keen on photography and useful images can be stored online with saving of local copies in a lower quality. A large part of free memory usually takes the music, but then come to the aid of streaming services. Music files can also be stored in iCloud photo Library.
If you want to read a book that is stored in iCloud, it in any case have to save to device. The same situation is with the releases of TV shows and music, so you should always have at least a few free gigabytes to download the content. It should be noted that all files, whether music, books, documents, or anything else, always appear in iCloud, if there is a network connection. From the cloud need files you can download if you need the offline access.
So what memory to choose?
Who should buy a 32-Gigabyte iPhone?
If you don’t shoot a lot of photos and videos, 32 GB is enough for apps. As for the music, we recommend you to subscribe to Apple Music, Yandex.Music or Zvooq.
Who should buy the 128-Gigabyte iPhone?
In most cases 128 GB with the head missing. You can easily record videos, store thousands of photos. But, probably, this volume will be enough fans who prefer to keep a large number of films and TV series.
Who should buy a 256-Gigabyte iPhone?
256 GB of memory in a mobile device will suffice for all. This model is ideal for those who do not like to depend on online repositories. If you choose the iPhone 7 is 256 GB, you can completely forget about the problem with lack of memory.