Jailbreak for iOS 10.2.1 Saïgon
08.10.2017 0 Comments
Hacker Abraham Masri released a jailbreak called Saïgon for 64-bit devices running iOS 10.2.1.
Saïgon supports the following 64-bit device:
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6G
Jailbreak is not suitable for 32-bit devices such as:
- iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and older models
- iPod touch 5G and older
- iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4
Apple stopped signing iOS 10.2.1 in February 2017, so rolling back from a later firmware impossible. In other words, to use the jailbreak Saïgon is possible only in case if the device had not been updated after the release of iOS 10.2.1.
File .ipa jailbreak Saigon is not available for direct download, but the developers will be able to compile it yourself. This will require the integrated development environment Xcode and the source code located on github. To install software you need to download the Cydia Impactor program. After the file is created Saigon.the ipa must perform the following steps:
- To download the file .ipa and Cydia Impactor;
- Open Cydia Impactor and connect the device;
- Drag the file Saïgon.ipa the window Cydia Impactor;
- Enter your Apple ID (email and password);
- Open Settings – General – Profiles and device management;
- Click “Trust new certificate” to open Saïgon;
- Click “jailbreak” and enjoy;
- If something went wrong, you need to restart your device and try again.
Source code you can download in the repository of Abraham on github. And those who are not familiar with Xcode, will have to wait the official release.
Create breaks becomes more difficult, but the hackers as Abraham Masri, do not give up. For example, in August 2017 jailbreak for iOS 9.3.5 Phoenix.
Follow the news of the Apple in our Telegram-channel, as well as in the app on iOS MacDigger.